The inaugural meeting of the Central Queensland Prostate Support and Awareness Group was held at the Hillcrest Private Hospital on 7 October 1999. The meeting was called and addressed by Dr Ken P'ng, Urologist and attended by forty interested people and some families affected by prostate cancer. Wives and partners are urged to attend our meetings.
Dr Ken P'ng, is the group's patron and attends most of its meetings. Other valued resources include:
- Jean Carseldine RN, a continence Advisor for the Blue Nursing Service.
- The Cancer Council Queensland Caroline Humphries
- Great ongoing support for the activities of the group is received from the Rockhampton office of TCCQ, the Mater and Hillcrest Private Hospitals and the Australian Pensioners Insurance Agency Rockhampton office.
A brochure relating to the group's activities and support that is available in Rockhampton has been distributed and placed in local Doctors surgeries.
Meetings are held at 7pm on 3rd Thursday of month except December and June and are frequently addressed by invited guest speakers. Lunch meetings are held in June and December but these are not necessarily on Thursdays.
Venue: Community Health c/r Bolsover and Cambridge Sts Rockhampton 4700
Entrance from Cambridge St Starting time 7.30 pm
Typically these include:
- Addressing health care workers
- Addressing service and other community groups
- Supporting and sponsoring our branch group, The Capricorn Coast Branch in Yeppoon.
- Supportive attendance at prostate cancer meetings held in smaller CQ townships
Location of Meeting
corner Bolsover and Cambridge Sts
Rockhampton QLD 4700
Lloyd Younger Convener
0437 727 657
Jenny Leyland Secretary
PO Box 3013, Red Hill Rockhampton Qld 4701